Monday, November 30, 2009

Art

Since we were visiting my in-laws in Nashville for Thanksgiving, my black Friday shopping was a little different this year. I poked around in historic Franklin, Tennessee and found all sorts of great Christmas ornaments and gifts. Franklin is a quaint Nashville suburb with a plethora of boutiques and adorable local shops.

My biggest find of the weekend? My first official art purchase. I bought a gorgeous abstract painting of the hills of Tennesses to hang above the fireplace in our home. If you know me, I get very nervous about big purchases. I am so thankful that my mother-in-law convinced me to purchase this piece of art that we will own forever.

We were able to meet the artist, Christina Long, who had just moved to Nashville from Amelia Island. The piece we purchased (see below) she described as the view out the window on the drive to meet her significant other's parents for the first time. I love knowing the backstory to this piece. I, too, saw the hills of Tennessee when meeting my in-laws for the first time and will always remember that story. I hope you enjoy!


I just love the colors and movement of the painting. (Photo courtesy of Christina Long)


I still need to get it framed to give the piece additional size and weight, but here I have it propped up on its final resting place. (Please ignore my shopping bag!)

Still looking small, but imagine the potential!
Tell me what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I think I would call that an impressionist painting. Are you going to have it framed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was a good buy, looks beautiful! I get nervous about big purchases too!

    ReplyDelete