Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Desserts & Decor Shower

I'm back! My husband and I celebrated our one year anniversary (a little early) by spending a week soaking up sun in Mexico. I came back fully revitalized and ready to share more of my musings with you.

In honor of the upcoming nuptials of Laura Zimmerman and Christopher Weekley this weekend, I want to feature images from the Desserts & Decor shower hosted by her lovely bridesmaids, featured below (minus Amy, MOH extraordinaire). You might remember the invitation from this shower.


To keep with the theme, we served many miniature delectable treats and hosted a bellini bar. Laura's wedding colors are blue and yellow-- so we incorporated this color palette throughout the decor by using blue and white linens and yellow floral arrangements. Both the beverage table and the food table had a large spray of yellow forsythia cut from my parents' yard. We also created decorative flower balls using florist foam (Oasis) and yellow carnations.

See the images from the day below.

The table is full of sweet treats. (Ignore the empty tiered platter awaiting chocolate covered strawberries!)


Shotglass desserts! Both the brownie shot and the key lime pie shot were crowd pleasers.

Even the beverages were sweet and kept with the theme!

Bellini mixers.
The bride trying on one of her gifts from the hostesses.
Kristen Kissane is not only a hostess and bridesmaid, but she is a ribbon bouquet expert as well.

Have a great day!

Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks amazing! Those flowers came from Kendy's yard?? I'm impresssed. Please drop a few of those brownie shots off at my house. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete