Monday, July 12, 2010

Scott's Buy: Ship Clock

Those of you who know me well know that I love nautical-inspired decor. Buoys? Got 'em. Large ship replica? Done. Therefore, you will not be surprised by how excited I was to find an antique ship clock for sale at Scott's last weekend. (I was even more excited by the $22 price tag!) This clock was mine from the moment I saw it:

{Note: It was an added benefit that I found it at the booth of some friends, Cheryl and Susan, and was able to support their new venture!)

At first, I planned to hang it between the windows in my dining room. But alas, it was too small and looked insignificant. I looked for wall space in the living room/office, but the spots just weren't right. My mom suggested I try placing the clock on the second shelf of my three-tiered glass coffee table. I LOVE it! It looks great and is such an interesting piece to show through. Now, I just need to work on updating the rest of the accessories in/on the table.



These pictures do not do justice for how great the clock looks in its new spot!

What do you think?

All my best,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that clock Ashley!!! It's looks great where you have it, what a cool find... That looks like an awesome coffee table you have? We will keep an eye out for nautical items for you. People seem to like them, great for lake houses also.

    Susan and I are loading up on new items for the show, can't wait!

    Have a great weekend.
    Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete