Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bookshelf Painting Project: Before & After

It was a busy weekend at the Edmonds' household (or should I say the Edmonds Inn?):

Our friend Leigh stayed with us for a weekend visit and wedding dress fitting. Ryan's brother Chad and his girlfriend Carly came in town to help us with some projects around the house (bookshelf painting, electric dog fence installation, pressure washing, stripping the deck, etc...whew!) Chad's friend and his girlfriend from Knoxville crashed at our house for the night after the Braves game on Friday

I got up early Saturday morning to be sure that I had time to complete my bookshelf transformation, as promised. I am so pleased with the results. Check out the project in pictures below:

Before:

I started by clearing off all of the accessories and then removing the shelves themselves.


I then sanded the wall, dusted, and taped off the edges.

Ta da! I applied two coats of a soft green paint.

After:
(It's hard to see the green in this picture. I think I used the flash. I will try to snap a few more. It's a subtle change-- but you can tell in person. It looks great!)
What do you think?

Ashley

4 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! Over a year after the Wine and Design, you finally followed our advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, it looks great! I love painting the back of bookshelves and I have wallpapered a few!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bookshelves look great!! Love the color, really did make a change.. The things on your shelves pop now. Good Job!!

    Were packing up for the show this weekend and we have sooo much stuff. We will be at the same location but down a couple, we have a corner spot this time. Hope to see you guys!

    Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete