Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Aunt Lynne and Lauren Come to Town = SHOPPING!

My aunt and cousin came to town to do what we do best-- SHOP. We shopped the mall, outlets, thrift stores, and a live auction in Flowery Branch, Georgia. Let's just say...we saw it ALL. We had such a fun girl's weekend that we have already resolved to do it again in August. I can't wait! Here is our day in pictures:

Me, my mom, and Lauren pose in front of the LARGE, EMPTY trunk. Keep this image in your mind.

Stop #1: Ballards Back Room, Holcomb Bridge location

First, let me say that I love the Ballard's outlet. I have had many great finds here. Second, if you have not been in awhile-- GO! They have totally rearranged the store and have an even better selection that's easier to sort through.

A few fun finds:

Love this faux zebra rug in ivory and caramel!

These hanging pot racks would add so much over a kitchen island.

I'm a sucker for a good mirror. Wouldn't this look great in an entryway or in a bathroom?

This, of course, is what I purchased. How amazing will this drying rack be in my laundry room?

Bamboo accents are everywhere right now. I love the bright green hue of this chair.

I tried to convince myself that I had a spot for this rustic side table. I love the distressed wood and iron combination.

I wish that this rug came in an outdoor version-- it would be perfect for our deck. I love the neutral tone-on-tone pattern.

Ballard's had TONS of chairs, tables, stools, and light fixtures.


Stop #2: North Georgia Premium Outlets, Dawsonville, Ga

I failed to take any pictures in the Pottery Barn outlet, but they had a great selection of kids' decor, dishes, candles, outdoor furniture and accessories, bedding, and towels. Sadly, I only purchased a few candles and a tissue box. My cousin Lauren and my Aunt Lynne, however, bought: a quilt, two shams, an amazing surveyor's lamp, three desk chairs, two bedside tables, dishes, and more. I can't even remember it was so much. I can't wait to see pictures of everything in place!

We also stopped in to the Williams-Sonoma outlet where Lauren and I modeled these lovely chef's hats for kids. Somehow, the hats didn't make it into our shopping cart. Ha.

Our final stop of the night was at the Flowery Branch Antique Market Live Auction. None of us had ever attended a live auction. To say that it was a learning experience is a complete understatement. The auctioneers go SO fast! We bid on one item but did not win. There are GREAT deals to be had at these live auctions. We will definitely be back now that we have the first experience under our belts!

The car is FULL after the day of shopping. In addition to what you see here, there was a desk chair and part of a lamp wedged between us in the back seat and two other chairs that were shipped directly to Washington DC. Whew!


All of the goods are transferred to Aunt Lynne and Lauren's car-- and it's time to say goodbye! Come back soon! (Once your bank account has recovered, of course.)

1 comment:

  1. The desk that Lynne bought from Scotland Yard really created the challenge in packing the car for the return trip to D.C.

    ReplyDelete