Friday, April 23, 2010

Quilting Bee: My First Project!

Remember how I got that sewing machine for Christmas? (Yes, four months ago.) I finally broke open the box and put it to good use! My first project? A baby quilt for my sister-in-law Tammy made with love by me, my Aunt Lynne, my mom, and my cousin Lauren. It was "sew" much fun that I cannot wait to get started on another project! (Yes, I am a dork.)

My cousin Lauren preps the fabric with a little bit of ironing.

My mom and I focus intently on how to get the bobbin going...

Sewing triangles into squares...and enjoying a little brew and wine... (Alcohol makes sewing even MORE fun!)

Aunt Lynne irons the new squares to make sure they are flat.

Sewing square into rectangles.


Finally, one big rectangle! Now all we need is the border.


Ta da! We finished! (Well sort of...Aunt Lynne took it home to finish the edges and backing...)


The mom-to-be displaying the finished quilt at her shower. Success.


What do you think?

Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Whoo hooo!!!!! Great Job Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!! That makes me want to get out my sewing machine & sew something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe as the trend toward quilts with a vintage look grows(see Pottery Barn's website), quilting bees will also regain poplarity. Good friends, good food, good wine! And a beautiful quilt! (Although we did the piecing, Lynne did all the quilting so she should always be included on the guest list!)

    ReplyDelete