Monday, January 4, 2010

Surprise Engagement Party

In late November, my husband, my friend's boyfriend, and I plotted a surprise engagement party for my best friend. The party was a surprise to all in attendance-- so we had to contrive a plan to get a group of her closest friends to our house the Tuesday before Thanksgiving despite hectic travel schedules. Our ingenious plan? A Thanksgiving Cocktail & Dessert Party-- "to properly celebrate the holiday with our nearest and dearest". Thankfully, our friends all enjoy each other's company so much that while they all thought it was an original idea-- no one questioned the gathering. Her boyfriend, now fiance (she said yes!), planned to pass through Atlanta just in time for them to stop by. I did not take as many pictures of the decor, desserts, or celebration as planned -- but I was able to spend priceless time with the happy couple, Ryan and Leigh! Here's to December 11, 2010!


Our dining room festooned with pumpkins, squash, and wheat grass for the Thanksgiving holiday.

A close up of the dining room table decor.

My best picture of the dessert table. Unfortunately, I did not get a great shot.

Close up of the dessert table centerpiece. I don't have many fall accessories, so I paired brown, white, and gold items rich in texture to create rugged, rich tablescape.The look of date ball cookies on a leaf platter felt very fall to me.


A cheese plate is a necessity at all parties, at least according to my friends!

The bride-to-be and her mother check out the new family heirloom.

The groom-to-be cannot stop smiling.

Bride-to-be and lovely bridesmaid, Jenn Culbertson.

No comments:

Post a Comment