Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Genius! Stocking Rods

Stocking Rods!  Seriously -- this is an amazing idea for your Christmas decor as you get ready for the holidays.  My mom found this idea from South House Designs on Pinterest and posted it to our Facebook wall

When you have more than 2-3 stockings to hang by the chimney with care, the mantel fills up quickly.   Most stocking holders on the market are bulky and can takeaway from the overall look of your mantlescape.  Enter Two stocking hooks and a run of the mill curtain rod.  With these three items you can hang multiple stockings from the fireplace with ease.  Don't have a mantel?  Hang the rod from a window sill, entry table or hutch.  I love it! Head over to South House Designs for more details and pictures!


Just have a few stockings to hang but don't like the traditional stocking holders? (That's me!) Last year, I ordered mantel clips like these from Target in the oil rubbed bronze finish for our two stockings.  I like that they blend in without interfering with my decor.  (Pictures of my Christmas decor to come soon!)

Don't forget to enter the giveaway for the m.elaine beadworks bracelet!  It ends tonight at midnight.  (Come on...you know you want to enter!)

1 comment: