Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Recipe: Margarita Fruit Salad

Thank you for your patience as I juggled a hectic work week, completed finals week in Finance and Accounting, and prepared for this weekend's house guests and shower. Whew! I hope to be back to regular posting next week.

In honor of the "Desserts and Decor" wedding shower my girlfriends and I are throwing on Sunday, I thought that I would share the recipe for one of the menu items: Margarita Fruit Salad. I will be sure to share the whole menu next week, but I want to keep the rest a surprise. Let's just say that it's going to be TASTY!

This recipe is light, refreshing, and simple, which makes it ideal for the spring and summer months.


Margarita Fruit Salad

Dressing:
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 oz. tequila (optional, but not really!)
Pinch of kosher salt
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped

Salad:
First, anyone who knows me well understands that I DO NOT LIKE melon. I think that it's a tasteless filler fruit. I realize that I am very opinionated on this matter, so if you like melon, pull out your baller and scoop away. Anyway, I like to mix up the fruits I use for fruit salad. I suggest any combination of peaches, strawberries, nectarines, plums, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, kiwi, or star fruit. You will need enough fruit for 6-8 cups of fruit salad.

For the dressing, combine the lime juice and honey in a small bowl and whisk until the honey dissolves. Add a pinch of kosher salt, to taste. Add chopped mint; set aside while cutting the fruit.

Combine all fruit in a large bowl; pour dressing over the fruit, stirring gently to distribute. Be careful not to smash the fruit. Serve with a lime wedge and a mint sprig.

Makes 6-8 servings.

Enjoy!

Ashley

1 comment: