Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Recipe: Seafood Salsa

In light of yesterday's posting about the excitement surrounding the approach of Spring. I decided to post one of my ALL-TIME favorite Spring/Summer recipes: Seafood Salad. My mom has made this forever, and I have no idea where the recipe originated. I don't care. It's just good.

A few tips:
1- If you have a vegetable chop, like this one from Williams-Sonoma, this recipe is a breeze! I love mine (a gift from my mother-in-law), and I would highly recommend it!


2- I like the salsa best after it's been refrigerated overnight. It's fine to eat it right away, but I think that the flavors meld together better with a little time.

3- This recipe makes a ton!

Enjoy!
½ lb small cooked shrimp (often called salad shrimp, very tiny)

½ lb. crab meat (I used canned but they do sell fresh containers in the seafood department)

2 Large tomatoes, chopped

1 Large yellow or green pepper (Yellow is prettier if they are not too expensive)

2 T. chopped onion

1 (7 oz.) can diced green chilies

½ c. fresh lemon juice

⅓ c. chopped cilantro


View full recipe

Mix & chill. Season with salt & pepper to taste.

1 comment:

  1. The recipe came from a picnic cookbook I bought for a shower present many years ago. I copied the recipe down before I wrapped the present!

    ReplyDelete