Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January Scott's Trip

I cannot believe that the February Scott's weekend is already so close! (Scott Antique Market is the second weekend of every month for those who have never had the pleasure of attending.) I am excited to see what treasures we find.

In anticipation, I decided to post a few pictures from our January trip. My mom and I brought my dad along for his first time on this visit. He was really into all of the industrial items-- but I think his favorite thing was the fresh doughnut machine!

Check out just a few of our finds and be sure to let us know if we can help you look for any accessory, furniture piece, lamp, etc for your home.

We started outside despite the frigid cold temperatures! My dad was checking out all of the electrical work on the lamps-- one of his hobbies.

I love this old church door with the stained glass still in place.


We saw industrial-inspired pieces everywhere. These were engine parts mounted on iron stands. I have seen these in quite a few magazines recently. It seems like this could be an easy DIY project.


What do you know? More industrial lamps. Don't these remind you of the wine cask lighting fixture in yesterday's post?


After we had enough of the cold, we headed inside. I am looking for a corner cabinet for my house. These colors and styles don't fit my house-- but LOOK at the price on those reproductions. They aren't true antiques, but what a deal!


Burlap pillows are everywhere right now. I loved the corner detail of this pillow. I might have to try and replicate this at home with my new sewing machine!

And finally...more industrial lighting. I think that fixtures like this can add so much character to a breakfast area, dining room, front hall or even bathroom.


Have a great day!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment